LINKEDIN CHARACTER LIMIT – 65+ RULES
LINKEDIN CHARACTER LIMIT – 65+ RULES
LinkedIn Character Limit – 65+ Rules: Knowing exactly how many characters one can fit into any LinkedIn text field. Learn the correct image sizes can save you a lot of time and frustration. We want to help you have a website that works “Harder for You!”
Many of you I know may only post to LinkedIn occasionally. I know how frustrating it can be to create your written content to find out it is too short or too long. As a result, you have to go back and do more editing! Keep reading to learn the LinkedIn Character Limits!
The same goes for creating your image artwork. You search forever for an image, upload it, only to find that it is too large. However, perhaps the image size might be OK, but the image aspect ratio is wrong. As a result, you have to start your search all over again! If you are lucky, you might be able to edit the image to “fit” the rules.
In the LinkedIn Character Limit Rules content below, I have documented the rules you need to know to do content “Right the First Time.”
If you note we’ve missed anything, please let us know. Any errors you find, please inform us. Keep reading to learn the LinkedIn Character Limits!
So here is my article about “65+ LinkedIn Character Limit and Image Size Rules“
- Profile Section – LinkedIn Character Limit
- Banner/Hero image:1584 x 396 pixels (4:1 proportion)
- Profile photo: any size between 400 x 400 & 20,000 x 20,000 pixels will work
- Name Fields:
- First Name: 20 characters
- Last Name: 40 characters
- Headline: 220 character limit
- Summary / About: 2,600 character limit
- Cut-off desktop: 270-320 characters (before clicking ‘See more’)
- Cut-off mobile: 20-25 characters
- Position title: 100 character limit
- Position description: 200 character minimum (2000 maximum)
- Rich media: 6 per experience entry, four visible
- Recommendations: 3,000 character limit
- Recommendations visible: 2 (ordered by date)
- Skills: 50 maximum
- Endorsements: 99 (count) visible, unlimited
- Top skills (most visible): 3
- Contact Info Section – LinkedIn Character Limit
- Website Anchor text: 30 maximum characters
- Website URL: 256 maximum characters
- Vanity (custom) URL: 5-30 characters (after ‘www.linkedin.com/in/’)
- Phone number: 25 character limit
- IM (Instant message): 25 character limit
- Address: 1,000 character limit
- Status Updates (Posts)
- Post-cut-off: 210 characters or less (before clicking ‘See more’)
- Post body: 1,300 characters
- Blog Post Link (Image): 1200 x 627 pixels
- Sharing a Link in an Update (Image): 1200 x 627 pixels
- LinkedIn Stories (Image): 1080 x 1920 pixels (Aspect Ratio 19:16)
- Publishing Content (Stories)
- Post headline: 150 characters
- Content length: ~120,000 characters
- Stories (Image): 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Image Aspect Ratio 19:16
- Ads – LinkedIn Character Limit
- Company Logo Size: 100 x 100 pixels
- Spotlight Ads Logo: 100 x 100 pixels
- Spotlight Ads Custom Background Image: 300 x 250 pixels
- Sponsored Content Images: 1200 x 627 pixels (1.91:1 Aspect Ratio)
- Sponsored Content Carousel Images: 1080 x 1080 pixels (1:1 Aspect Ratio)
- Publisher (Articles)
- Article headline: 100 characters
- Photo credit: 250 characters
- Article body: 40,000 characters
- Publisher cover image: 698 x 400 pixels
- Publisher post link: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Groups Section – LinkedIn Character Limit
- Membership: 100 groups max
- Discussion title: 200 characters
- Discussion body text: 2000 characters
- Comments: 1000 characters (per comment)
- Pending new group invitations: 10
- Company Page
- Company name: 100 characters
- Page description (About Us): 200 minimum, 1500 max
- Status update (Update Tab): 700 characters (250 characters with the link)
- Company Logo: 300 x 300 pixels
- Page Cover: 1128 x 376 pixels
- Life Tab Main Image: 1128 x 376 pixels
- Life Tab Main Custom Modules: 502 x 282 pixels
- Square Logo (Minimum): 60 x 60 pixels
- Advertising – LinkedIn Character Limit
- Text ad headline: 25 character limit
- Text Ad message body: 75 character limit
- Direct sponsored content: 160 character limit
- Following: You can Follow an unlimited number of members.
- InMail: 200 characters (title/subject), 1,900 (body text)
- Comments (post/articles) 1,750 character max
- LinkedIn ‘1st Degree’ Network: 30,000
- Invitations to connect message: 300 characters
- Invitations to connect: 3000 – 5,000 (approx.)
- Member blocking: 1,000 blocks
- Handy tools that will count your characters for you:
Conclusion – LinkedIn Character Limit
Remembering all of these “Rules” is not easy if writing SEO content is not a full-time job. At IdeaToGrowth.com, we understand. Each of our staff will refer to our posts as they do their job. This keeps us “doing things right.” It saves our team members time and helps eliminate frustration. We all want to do a task once and do it right!
We plan to document how we serve our clients by document our work processes in our posts to social media and our blog. This lets potential clients learn how we do what they pay us to understand the skill and time required. Some of our competition “hide” how they do their clients’ work. We don’t believe in doing business that way. Yes, some of our competition may “steal” how we do our job, but that’s OK. We compete in many ways beyond just our “workflow.”
Professionals hire us because “We Deliver,” and they trust in our ability to fix their LinkedIn problems.
IdeaToGrowth.com Can Help!
Yes, we agree that writing great content is a learned skill that can seem daunting. We presume you don’t have a Content Writing Expert on your team, so no worries!
We “Eat SEO” every day for our clients. Our goal is to get you onto and keep you on Page 1 for your page keywords. Now we need you to understand that getting onto Page 1 for any search is hard. It also can take weeks (typical) and, in some cases, months (high competition keywords), but we can help you figure out how to win.
“Helping You Build Your Business Stronger!” is our motto.
100% FREE GOOGLE PAGE RANK ANALYSIS
I want to prove my value to “Helping You Grow Your Business Stronger!” by offering a 100% Free Google SEO Pagerank Analysis. Share your homepage URL (Domain Name) and the email I should send your 100% FREE Report and within a day or two I’ll point out the Top Items on your business website that are Costing You Customers.
If you’re ready for a F2F Zoom chat, or want to ask a quick question by email, click the appropriate link below.
SALES ARE OPEN FOR MY NEW BOOK!
“Angel Investors to Venture Capital –
10 Slides to Startup Funding Success –
Entrepreneurs Guide to Startup Fundraising”
Learn the 10 slides you need to create in order to have a great shot at raising venture capital from venture capitalists!
I’ll walk you, slide by slide, how to create content that will attract top venture capitalists to fund your idea, just like I raised over $100M dollars in Silicon Valley for my startups.
I cover every slide in great detail, including not just the words and content, but even font colors, fonts, font sizes, images – all the details to give you the best shot possible!